Milwaukee Ballet School offers classes for all ages and skill levels
MILWAUKEE – April 6, 2009 – No matter what age, experience or skill level, students will reap the benefits of dancing this summer at Milwaukee Ballet School. The School offers the finest training in an encouraging and professional atmosphere, nurturing the talent of every student, ages three to adult.
Milwaukee Ballet School’s summer offerings include programs in the Children’s Division (ages 3-6), Dance Camps (ages 5-8), Student and Pre-Professional Division, Open Division (teens and adults), and Arts Camp (August 10-14 at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts). Whether in pursuit of a professional career or interested in the physical and emotional benefits of a dance class, Milwaukee Ballet School offers a graduated curriculum to satisfy all ages and skill levels.
Milwaukee Ballet’s Summer Intensive Program recently extended its registration deadline. With a daily schedule that rivals a professional company in the amount of hours spent in the studio and the supervised independence of campus living, Milwaukee Ballet's Summer Intensive Program provides the opportunity for tremendous technical, artistic, and personal growth in each student. Two program tracks are offered—a six week pre-professional program (June 22-July 31) and a three week intermediate summer program (July 13-13).
Students are highly encouraged to register for summer classes with Milwaukee Ballet School, considering the following:
- It can take a ballet student up to a full week to reach the level of strength gained from a missed class.
- Children can keep their bodies in shape by dancing during summer, just like they can keep their minds fresh by reading during summer vacation.
- During the warm summer months, the body spends more time gaining strength and flexibility and less time warming up at the start of class.
Milwaukee Ballet School offers flexible programming at an incredible value:
- Two convenient 5-week sessions can be taken in succession to keep students dancing all summer or choose one that best fits summer plans.
- Classes can be prorated weekly to accommodate summer vacations (must be indicated at the time of registration).
- Students in week-long dance camps (ages 5-8) learn famous ballets such as The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker and Cinderella. These camps include a visit from a Milwaukee Ballet dancer and several keepsake projects.
- Register by May 15 to receive a special ballet gift on the first day of class.
Register for Milwaukee Ballet School at www.milwaukeeballetschool.org or call 414-649-4077.
Milwaukee Ballet School is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD).