- Board of Directors
- Artistic Staff
- Dance Company
- Milwaukee Ballet II
- Administrative Staff
- Community Outreach
- Dancer Health
- Performance Venues
- News Archive
- Dance into the New Year with Fancy Free
- Dinners for Tutu Return to the Milwaukee Ballet
- Michael Pink’s Dracula Opens October 21st
- Milwaukee Ballet Announces 2005-06 Season of Performances in its 35th Anniversary Year
- Milwaukee Ballet Announces 2006-2007 Season
- Milwaukee Ballet Announces 40th Anniversary Season
- Milwaukee Ballet Announces Exciting 2008-09 Season
- Milwaukee Ballet Announces New Marketing Manager
- Milwaukee Ballet Balances Budget and Announces Major Gift while Extending Artistic Director’s Contract
- Milwaukee Ballet Company Brings Athleticism and Innovation to the Historic Pabst Theater
- Milwaukee Ballet Garners Grant Support from the National Endowment for the Arts
- Milwaukee Ballet Garners Unprecedented Grant Support
- Milwaukee Ballet Increases Earned Revenue, Extends Artistic Director’s Contract and Welcomes New Dancers
- Milwaukee Ballet Presents Three Milwaukee Premieres
- Milwaukee Ballet Presents the Magical Performances of Michael Pink’s “The Nutcracker” December 16-28, 2005
- Milwaukee Ballet School Opens New Brookfield Studios this Fall
- Milwaukee Ballet School To Open New Brookfield Location in Response to Growth
- Milwaukee Ballet School and Pre-Professional Programs Provide Training Ground for Young Talented Dancers
- Milwaukee Ballet Tops a Successful Year with Announcement of National Accreditation
- Milwaukee Ballet Welcomes Four New Staff Members
- Milwaukee Ballet Welcomes New Dancers
- Milwaukee Ballet to Host International Choreographic Competition
- Milwaukee Ballet’s Triumphant Return of ‘Scheherazade’ Takes Center Stage February 16-19, 2006
- New gifts strengthen the Milwaukee Ballet
- Petr Zahradnícek Receives Fellowship Initiative Grant from the New York Choreographic Institute
- Romeo & Juliet - Sealed With a Kiss
- Stephen Mills’ Nationally Acclaimed ‘Hamlet’ Comes to Milwaukee »
- The Milwaukee Ballet Announces its 2007–2008 Season Line-Up
- The Milwaukee Ballet Presents a World Premiere and Exciting Modern Dance at the Pabst Theater March 23-26, 2006
- The Milwaukee Ballet Warms Up Winter with A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Third International Competition Highlights Ballet’s Commitment to New Work
- Wisconsin Dance Council Honors Milwaukee Ballet’s Michael Pink Awards ceremony to be held Thursday, September 11 in downtown Madison
- World Premiere of "William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet" One of Early Highlights of 40th Nashville Film Festival
- YP Events
- Ticket Donation Policy
- Ballet Boutique
- Milwaukee Ballet Company 990
Betrayal, Passion and Revenge Take Center Stage November 1-4, 2007
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Ballet opens its season November 1-4 with Stephen Mills’ nationally acclaimed “Hamlet.” Hailed by “Dance Magazine” as “…sleek and sophisticated,” the sensational ballet combines classical and contemporary production based on the Shakespearian drama. This is the first time Milwaukee Ballet will perform Hamlet.
Mills’ “Hamlet” has a 21st century style feel, complete with men dressed in Armani-inspired suits and female dancers in cocktail gowns. The dancers reveal the story of Hamlet’s troubled romance and the inner tormented thoughts of a man who vows to avenge the death of his father in a two-act ballet that is truly unique.
As a flashback from Hamlet’s deathbed, “Mills creates movements that voice the inarticulate – despair, grief, madness –to ring depth to each leading character,” praised “Dance Magazine.” The intense theatrics, metallic surfaces, translucent fabrics and the haunting, richly textured music of nationally acclaimed Philip Glass make this an unforgettable performance.
“We’re thrilled to have this world-class production travel to Milwaukee,” said Michael Pink, artistic director of the Milwaukee Ballet. “If you were impressed with Mark Godden's adaptation of Mozart's Magic Flute, then I feel confident that you will be equally impressed with this production of ‘Hamlet’ featuring the haunting music of Philip Glass."
“Hamlet” runs November 1-4, 2007 in Uihlein Hall of the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee. Tickets to “Hamlet” start at $22. To order call 414-273-7206 or visit www.milwaukeeballet.org.
Mills is the artistic director of Ballet Austin. In his inaugural season Mills attracted national attention with his world-premiere production of “Hamlet.” He has created more than 40 works for companies in the United States and abroad. His ballets are in the repertories of such companies as The Atlanta Ballet, Washington Ballet and BalletMet Columbus. In addition to his work as a choreographer, Mills is committed as a master teacher to developing dancers.
Founded in 1970, the Milwaukee Ballet Company strives to inspire its audiences to think within and beyond traditional ballet through the presentation of quality performances and the implementation of educational opportunities. With an annual operating budget of just under $5 million, the Milwaukee Ballet Company presents more than 40 performances to 70,000 people each year. For more information about the Milwaukee Ballet or to receive a season brochure, call (414) 902-2103. Information about the Milwaukee Ballet’s 2007–2008 season may also be obtained online at www.milwaukeeballet.org.