Milwaukee Ballet Company. Photo Jessica Kaminski.
International Choreographic Competition
February 5–8, 2015
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
"Genesis," Milwaukee Ballet’s international choreographic competition, returns to the historic Pabst Theater, February 5-8, 2015. Three talented choreographers from around the world, handpicked by Artistic Director Michael Pink, will showcase their chosen works for the chance to create an original piece for Milwaukee Ballet.
THREE CHOREOGRAPHERS will be chosen to create a twenty-minute piece using eight dancers within a maximum of 90 hours of rehearsal time.
Transportation to Milwaukee, hotel lodging, and a daily per diem will be provided.
1st PRIZE: $3,000, Plus commission to create a new piece for Milwaukee Ballet at a mutually agreeable time.
2nd PRIZE: $2,000
3rd PRIZE: $1,000
AUDIENCE FAVORITE: $500
• Must currently work with a professional dance company.
• All competition works must be new creations.
• Music must be pre-recorded and from the public domain, or used with the composer’s permission without fees.
• Works can be augmented with simply-constructed costumes from Milwaukee Ballet’s existing stock of contemporary and classical wardrobes.
• Works can be used by Milwaukee Ballet Company or The Nancy Einhorn Milwaukee Ballet II Program for three years without royalty payments. The works will be restaged by Milwaukee Ballet's artistic staff. The choreographer will be notified of such use.
• Choreographers must submit two excerpts of previous work no more than three years old and not to exceed ten minutes on a DVD or link (YouTube or Vimeo).
• A written proposal and biography in English, as well as a headshot, must accompany the entry.
• Submitted DVDs will not be returned.
ENTRIES DUE: Friday, November 14, 2014 | Notification: January 2015
SUBMIT ENTRIES TO:
Michael Pink, Artistic Director
504 W. National Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53204 USA
No phone calls or emails please.
Learn more about Milwaukee Ballet here.
Learn more about Artistic Director Michael Pink here.
Manifold by Gabrielle Lamb, United States
Gabrielle Lamb has presented works at BalletX, Ballet Austin, Mystic Ballet and SUNY Purchase Conservatory.
Something I Had in Mind by Mauro de Candia, Italy
Mauro de Candia was appointed the artistic director of Dance Company Theater Osnabrück in Germany.
The Games We Play by Timothy O'Donnell, Australia
Timothy O'Donnell launched 'Ludwig', a new dance company, and is now a dancer and choreographer-in-residence for Milwaukee Ballet.
O Clemens by Nelly Van Bommel, France
Nelly Van Bommel started NØA Dance Company.
Night Falls Fast by John Utans, Australia
Choreographer, performer, installation artist and teacher, he has worked with leading international artists within dance companies, independent projects and tertiary dance institutions.