Milwaukee Ballet auditions dancers for both the Company and Milwaukee Ballet II (MBII) Second Company each season. The Company consists of 25 dancers, while MBII accepts up to 20 dancers each year.
Auditions for the current season are currently completed. Please check back for more information about auditions for the 2024/25 season.
Maximum height for females: 5’6”
Minimum height for males: 5’9”
Maximum height for females: 5’7”
Minimum height for males: 5’7”
Audition information for the 2024/25 season is to be announced.
To be considered for an audition by Company or Milwaukee Ballet II (MBII) class, please send a video link with the IAP Guidelines to [email protected].
- Links to performance and studio footage must include:
- a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from the repertoire, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movements different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of center work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of classical partnering that includes adagio, pirouettes, and presage
- Resume, to include:
- performance experience, training, height, awards received, and citizenship.
- specify your legal status in the US if applicable
- all contact information
- 2-3 Dance Photos – must reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line.
*Please clearly note your interest in being considered for a Company or MBII position, or both.
Email applicants missing any of these materials will not be considered.