Our instructors and musicians are experienced, engaging and ready to inspire.Learn More
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy students have the unique opportunity to take the stage alongside Milwaukee Ballet’s professional Company of dancers.
Student Cast Information
health & safety: vaccination and testing requirements
The following guidelines apply to all eligible students who wish to audition for The Nutcracker Student Cast:
Milwaukee Ballet’s annual presentation of The Nutcracker has a large student cast that would not be possible without many family volunteers. Volunteers are critical to the success of the show and provide an exciting insiders-look at the production. Volunteer opportunities will be discussed at the mandatory full cast meeting.
All Volunteers must be adults that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning the volunteer date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination must be submitted in advance to Alyx Johnson.
Only Backstage Supervisors who are volunteering for the specific performance/rehearsal are allowed in the backstage area. A backstage access pass will be issued to the backstage supervisors for the scheduled rehearsals and performances. Volunteers are eligible to use a discounted parking voucher when they are on duty.
The following individuals must complete a Milwaukee Ballet Volunteer Application. This application will be valid for up to 2 years from submission date:
VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP DETAILS:
1. Submit a volunteer application to Alyx Johnson in advance. A background check will be conducted.
2. Submit proof of full vaccination here.
3. Review the Volunteer Descriptions prior to signing up for any volunteer opportunity.
4. Starting Monday, October 25 at noon, parent/guardians may sign up for only one slot per volunteer role.
5. Starting Monday, November 1, sign up for any additional slots available.
6. Starting Monday, November 22, adults other than parent/guardians may sign up for remaining volunteer slots.
7. All volunteers must attend a Zoom training session on November 29 or December 1. Details to come.
8. Bring your signed Marcus Performing Arts Center waiver to your first volunteer shift. Waiver to be distributed.
Details to come.