The We Energies Foundation Performance Studio is located in Milwaukee Ballet’s Baumgartner Center for Dance in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
This space opened in September 2019 with the grand opening of the Baumgartner Center.
The Performance Studio acts as both a rehearsal studio and a ‘black box’ theater; a simple performance space with dark walls and floors.
To date the Performance Studio has hosted performances by Milwaukee Ballet’s second company and the School & Academy. The first performance to be staged in the Performance Studio by Artistic Director Michael Pink and the Company will be The Nutcracker: Short & Sweet in December 2020.
Free parking is available on site at Baumgartner Center for Dance, with 60 parking spaces on the south and west side of the building. Free 2-hour street parking is available on Jackson Street. The Baumgartner Center for Dance parking lots are not attended.
The We Energies Foundation Performance Studio is accessed by entering Baumgartner Center for Dance at the main entrance located on North Jackson Street. Entry to the building is only through the front entrance. Entry into the studio is available from the ground and mezzanine levels. Your ticket will tell you which theater entrance to use.
The We Energies Foundation Performance Studio is 4,140 square feet with the stage space measuring 35′ by 60′.
The theater contains 190 seats on auditorium-style risers and two balconies. A total of 12 ADA accessible seats are available on the ground and balcony levels. Maximum occupancy for the studio is 290 people.
Seating plans and ticket availability may vary based on current Health & Safety restrictions surrounding capacity restrictions due to COVID-19.
Milwaukee Ballet respectfully asks that all patrons adhere to the following policies and procedures for the We Energies Foundation Performance Studio.
- All guests and staff are required to wear masks at all times and maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet while inside Baumgartner Center for Dance. Please refer to the Patron Covid-19 Safety Plan for further details and requirements relating to health and safety.
- No food or beverages are allowed, except water.
- Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of Milwaukee Ballet staff. Seating location for latecomers will be contingent on impact on the production and other patrons.
- Children under the age of 5 may not be permitted for certain performances. Age restrictions will be advertised at the time of ticket purchase. Guardians are asked to please remove disruptive children during the performance for the benefit of other patrons and our performers.
- A valid ticket is required for each patron; including children.
- Mobile phones and electronic devices are to be silenced and stowed prior to the performance. Use of phones or other devices are strictly prohibited during performances.
- Photography or recording during performances is strictly prohibited unless specifically noted prior to the start of the performance.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited inside Baumgartner Center for Dance and on Milwaukee Ballet grounds.
- Baumgartner Center for Dance does not permit concealed weapons on premise.
- Milwaukee Ballet reserves the right to refuse entry into Baumgartner Center for Dance or the We Energies Foundation Performance Studio.
- Milwaukee Ballet is accepting of all genders, identities, races, and backgrounds. By entering Baumgartner Center for Dance, patrons agree to a respectful and accepting code of conduct.