Students of all ages and abilities are highly encouraged to register for summer classes with Milwaukee Ballet School, considering the following:
- It can take a ballet student up to a full week to reach the level of strength gained from a missed class.
- Children can keep their bodies in shape by dancing during summer, just like they can keep their minds fresh by reading during summer vacation.
- During the warm summer months, the body spends more time gaining strength and flexibility and less time warming up at the start of class.
Milwaukee Ballet School offers flexible programming at an incredible value:
- Two convenient 5-week sessions can be taken in succession to keep students dancing all summer or choose one that best fits summer plans.
- Classes can be prorated weekly to accommodate summer vacations (must be indicated at the time of registration).
- Students in week-long dance camps (ages 5-8) learn famous ballets such as The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker and Cinderella. These camps include a visit from a Milwaukee Ballet dancer and several keepsake projects.
- Register by May 15 to receive a special ballet gift on the first day of class.
Reap the benefits of dancing this summer. Register for Milwaukee Ballet School at www.milwuakeeballetschool.org or call 414-649-4077.
Michael Pink, Artistic Director