The Business Manager develops, implements and monitors business policies, procedures and programs related to the financial and administrative operations of the Ballet. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Milwaukee Ballet.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
1. Prepare annual operating budget, financial operating plans, and forecasts for the approval of the Executive Director. Analyze results against approved operating plans.
2. Prepare budget documents for presentation to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
3. Direct the preparation and maintenance of all accounting and financial records reports and systems. Prepare and analyze all financial reporting.
4. Develop, implement and monitor all accounting policies and procedures to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and statutory requirements. Manage audits, prepare and oversee preparation of all accounting workpapers for external auditors.
5. Provide all reporting schedules for 990 tax returns as well as ensuring accuracy and timeliness of 990 filings.
6. Conduct financial forecasts to include revenue, expenditure and cash flow projections and report findings.
7. Lead preparation of required financial submissions to the United Performing Arts Fund and work to ensure the organization meets the minimum financial eligibility requirements for the United Performing Arts Fund, as well as providing financial reporting for all grant proposals.
8. Develop, plan and direct activities which safeguard assets, maximize positive cash flow and minimize credit deficiencies while maintaining vendor relationships.
9. Develop long-range financial plan to maximize the profitability of the organization and identify and communicate to management team and Board of Directors financial best practices necessary for the organization’s sustainability and long-term success.
10. As part of the financial plan, develop a multi-year capital improvement plan.
11. Develop and implement a debt policy and debt management plan to limit use of line of credit.
12. Monitor and track lease agreements and any other long-term financial obligations.
13. Participate in labor contract negotiations and provide financial analysis of contract proposals and settlements.
14. Develop and direct the administration of all employee benefit plans, including health, dental, long term disability, 403(b), workers compensation, unemployment.
15. Direct activities of accounting staff.
16. Staff the Board in matters related to Finance, Finance Committee and participate in other Committees as needed.
17. Act as Human Resources manager, maintaining Employee Handbook, monitoring personnel policies and procedures, ensuring legal compliance.
18. Manage general insurance policies for the organization
19. Manage legal issues and contracts
20. Manage office operations
21. Conduct financial analyses or operational studies as directed by the Executive Director and Board of Directors Executive Committee.
22. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
1. Education – Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, financial management, accounting or public administration. CPA preferred.
2. Experience – Minimum ten years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, budget preparation and financial management preferably in the non profit sector.
3. Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and the ability to think critically and strategically.
4. Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrate ability to work independently and to be innovative and creative in finding solutions to complex problems.
6. Ability to manage staff and projects to meet established timelines and goals.
7. Ability to work cooperatively as part of a management team to achieve goals of organization.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. A comprehensive benefit package, including paid vacation, health and disability insurance, paid sick and personal days and an employee contributed 403b pension plan, is provided.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Male and Female Dancers (2015/16 Season)
Milwaukee Ballet is accepting audition materials from strong male dancers 5'10" and taller for the 2015/16 season.
Please send full resume and photograph with online link or DVD showing recent classical and contemporary work to email@example.com. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes. Please note materials submitted will not be returned.
Qualified applicants may obtain more information by calling (414) 643-7677, options 7, 1. Auditions are by invitation only.
Milwaukee Ballet is an AGMA company offering contracts of up to 31 weeks with benefits.
Marketing Outreach Intern
The marketing outreach intern works with Milwaukee Ballet’s Marketing Manager and maintains ongoing communications projects, coordinates outreach efforts, provides ticketing and data entry assistance, and assists with events.
• Perform data entry projects
• Street outreach: distribution of flyers, posters; attend community events
• Assist with Ballet event set up and logistics
• Coordinate tickets/package/group promotions among, schools, clubs, retail, etc.
This is an unpaid internship that requires a candidate pursuing degree in advertising, public relations, communications, or similar field. Strong organization and writing skills are a must. Must be comfortable in a PC environment. Experience with arts, cultural and nonprofit groups desired. A vehicle and license are required.
In ONE ATTACHED DOCUMENT, send letter, resume, and two writing-samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an accomplished, inspiring pianist who enjoys working with children?
If so, contact Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy.
Earn money for doing what you love!
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy is seeking musicians with high intermediate/advanced level piano skills who are prompt, responsible, and interested in collaborating with teachers and students to accompany classical ballet classes. Training provided. Benefits include free tickets to Milwaukee Ballet Company performances.
Immediate openings in Milwaukee, Fox Point and Brookfield.
Contact Dan Boudewyns at email@example.com for more information or to arrange an audition/interview.
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Part-Time Teachers
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy seeks part-time instructors for a variety of levels.
Applicants must have prior teaching experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet for students ages 3-6 years
• Beginning classical ballet for students ages 7-10 years
• Intermediate classical ballet which includes experience teaching beginning pointe
Instructors must attend teacher training in Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy curriculum, participate in required staff meetings, attend Milwaukee Ballet performances (complementary ticket provided), instill proper classical ballet etiquette in the classroom, and teach to students at an age-appropriate level of fun and enjoyment.
Resume and references should be sent to Rolando Yanes, Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Milwaukee Ballet School Employment Opportunities »