Under the direction of executive management, the Development Director provides the best possible support to the organization by cultivating and maintaining donor relations; oversees the staff who plan, direct and execute annual fundraising activities, grant and foundation proposals, special events and planned giving programs; and liaises with Director of Marketing to maximize shared opportunities in marketing and development.
Start Date: 9/1/15
Employment Type: Full Time, 40+ hours/week
Salary: Compensation commensurate with education and experience
• Serves as principle staff liaison to the Development Committee raising annual operating dollars for Milwaukee Ballet. This includes working to motivate, educate, and train the Committee and all Board members.
• Coordinating the strategic efforts that encourage a mix of annual giving programs, grant submissions, special events, networking and other campaigns necessary to support Milwaukee Ballet.
• Cultivates, maintains and recognizes a volunteer base required to implement and execute donor programs.
• Supervises the Development Staff on donor stewardship, improving and creating giving programs where deemed necessary.
• Serves as the principle staff to coordinate the strategic fundraising efforts between program departments and committees such as artistic, school, education and marketing.
• Works with management, committees and staff to create budget and funding strategies to meet annual goals.
• Assists the executive management and associated committees with other major fundraising campaigns (i.e. endowment, estate planning, annual sponsorship, capital etc.)
• Works with various constituent groups (internal and external activities) to promote good public relations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education – Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts Degree - Emphasis in Creative Writing will be strongly preferred
• Experience – Minimum of 10-years progressively responsible professional experience in non-profit fundraising and donor relations
• Ability to carry the message of mission and respect within the community
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work on a strategic level
• Creative approach to planning and problem solving including the ability to generate new ideas and approaches
• Strong, confident communication skills and personality
• Experience in major campaigns
• Ability to build consistent and strong fund support
• Ability to support executive management and Board on major giving, including research, preparation and strategy around major solicitation
• Experience with technology campaigns
• Knowledge of the community and passion for the art form
• Proven strength in working with cross-functional teams
• Ability to prioritize staff work to provide a proactive work environment
• Experience in guiding a staff in research and development of campaigns (i.e. the Relevè project)
• Experience in working thorough a software conversion/implementation a plus
• Experience with Tessitura Network Software a plus
Interested candidates, and recommenders of qualified individuals, are invited to contact Management Consultants for the Arts, the consulting firm conducting the search at:
Male Dancer (2015/16 Season)
Milwaukee Ballet is accepting audition materials from strong male dancers 5'10" and taller for the 2015/16 season.
Please send full resume and photograph with online link or DVD showing recent classical and contemporary work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes. Please note materials submitted will not be returned.
Qualified applicants may obtain more information by calling (414) 643-7677, options 7, 1. Auditions are by invitation only.
Milwaukee Ballet is an AGMA company offering contracts of up to 31 weeks with benefits.
Marketing Outreach Intern
The marketing outreach intern works with Milwaukee Ballet’s Marketing Manager and maintains ongoing communications projects, coordinates outreach efforts, provides ticketing and data entry assistance, and assists with events.
• Perform data entry projects
• Street outreach: distribution of flyers, posters; attend community events
• Assist with Ballet event set up and logistics
• Coordinate tickets/package/group promotions among, schools, clubs, retail, etc.
This is an unpaid internship that requires a candidate pursuing degree in advertising, public relations, communications, or similar field. Strong organization and writing skills are a must. Must be comfortable in a PC environment. Experience with arts, cultural and nonprofit groups desired. A vehicle and license are required.
In ONE ATTACHED DOCUMENT, send letter, resume, and two writing-samples to email@example.com.
Are you an accomplished, inspiring pianist who enjoys working with children?
If so, contact Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy.
Earn money for doing what you love!
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy is seeking musicians with high intermediate/advanced level piano skills who are prompt, responsible, and interested in collaborating with teachers and students to accompany classical ballet classes. Training provided. Benefits include free tickets to Milwaukee Ballet Company performances.
Immediate openings in Milwaukee, Fox Point and Brookfield.
Contact Dan Boudewyns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange an audition/interview.
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Part-Time Teachers
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy seeks part-time instructors for a variety of levels.
Applicants must have prior teaching experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet for students ages 3-6 years
• Beginning classical ballet for students ages 7-10 years
• Intermediate classical ballet which includes experience teaching beginning pointe
Instructors must attend teacher training in Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy curriculum, participate in required staff meetings, attend Milwaukee Ballet performances (complementary ticket provided), instill proper classical ballet etiquette in the classroom, and teach to students at an age-appropriate level of fun and enjoyment.
Resume and references should be sent to Rolando Yanes, Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Director, at email@example.com.
See Milwaukee Ballet School Employment Opportunities »