Marketing Outreach Intern
The marketing outreach intern works with Milwaukee Ballet’s Marketing Manager and maintains ongoing communications projects, coordinates outreach efforts, provides ticketing and data entry assistance, and assists with events.
• Perform data entry projects
• Street outreach: distribution of flyers, posters; attend community events
• Assist with Ballet event set up and logistics
• Coordinate tickets/package/group promotions among, schools, clubs, retail, etc.
This is an unpaid internship that requires a candidate pursuing degree in advertising, public relations, communications, or similar field. Strong organization and writing skills are a must. Must be comfortable in a PC environment. Experience with arts, cultural and nonprofit groups desired. A vehicle and license are required.
In ONE ATTACHED DOCUMENT, send letter, resume, and two writing-samples to email@example.com.
Position: Provides accounting support for accounting transaction processing and general administrative and office support
Reports to: Business Manager
Classification: Full Time – 2080 hours/annually
• Process Accounts Payable invoices with accuracy and timeliness insuring proper documentation, calculations, approvals, and account coding.
• Create and distribute accounts payable checks in a timely manner
• Monitor vendor statements for past due invoices, resolving vendor billing problems in a timely manner
• Assist in the preparation of 1099 MISC on an annual basis, including insuring that proper tax identification numbers and W-9’s are on file for vendors.
• Process all expense reports and credit card payments insuring proper documentation according to Ballet policy.
• Establish and update vendor profiles in software system.
• Process cash, checks and credit card receipts including preparing bank deposits and maintaining spreadsheets for journalizing deposits to general ledger in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain accounting records and vendor files in an organized manner
• Creation and data entry of journal entries and review of journals for accuracy
• Create and maintain accounting spreadsheets
• Assist with month-end and year-end general ledger close and audit
• Collect and disseminate financial information as identified by Business Manager
• Record payroll transactions, timesheet data entry, employee banking, and benefit information, monitoring for accuracy, appropriateness, and proper authorization
• Create reports/spreadsheets as needed by internal management and external auditors
• Create invoices for miscellaneous receivables and follow up on collections
• Create and maintain procedure documentation
• Monitor office supply inventory and order as appropriate
• Create Ticketing reports from Archtix software
• Assist with Business Manager calendar, scheduling meetings
• Coordinates Board committee communication
• Other duties as assigned
• Solid knowledge of accounting practices and principles
• Degree in Finance or Accounting or comparable experience
• 1-3 years experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll & General Ledger
• Proficient in Excel, automated accounting software applications, and Word
• Excellent data entry accuracy and speed, including 10 key calculator proficiency
• Attention to detail
• Ability to collect data and information independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team player
Summer Intensive Resident Assistants
MILWAUKEE BALLET IS HIRING SUMMER INTENSIVE RESIDENT ASSISTANTS
Positions Available: Live-in Resident Assistants AND Part-Time Resident Assistants
Dates of Employment: Friday, June 19-Saturday, August 1, 2015
Employer: Milwaukee Ballet, 504 W. National Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53204
Location of Employment: Sandburg Halls at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Description/Qualifications: Supervise young dance students ages 11-17 for Milwaukee Ballet School summer camp/program. Must be mature a, responsible individual with prior Resident Assistant, Camp Counselor or teaching experience. Dance experience not required. Chaperone, supervise and plan activities for the students. Resident Assistants must be at least one year post high school at the start of the program. All Resident Assistants with dance experience may attend dance classes when not on-duty. Resident Assistants cannot be students enrolled in the 2015 Milwaukee Ballet Summer Intensive Program.
Salary: Live-in RA - $280 per week plus single room, full meal plan and parking at UWM-Sandburg Halls
Part-time RA - $10 per hour, evening and weekend hours, housing or meal plan not included, parking is available
Are you an accomplished, inspiring pianist who enjoys working with children?
If so, contact Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy.
Earn money for doing what you love!
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy is seeking musicians with high intermediate/advanced level piano skills who are prompt, responsible, and interested in collaborating with teachers and students to accompany classical ballet classes. Training provided. Benefits include free tickets to Milwaukee Ballet Company performances.
Immediate openings in Milwaukee, Fox Point and Brookfield.
Contact Dan Boudewyns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange an audition/interview.
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Part-Time Teachers
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy seeks part-time instructors for a variety of levels.
Applicants must have prior teaching experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet for students ages 3-6 years
• Beginning classical ballet for students ages 7-10 years
• Intermediate classical ballet which includes experience teaching beginning pointe
Instructors must attend teacher training in Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy curriculum, participate in required staff meetings, attend Milwaukee Ballet performances (complementary ticket provided), instill proper classical ballet etiquette in the classroom, and teach to students at an age-appropriate level of fun and enjoyment.
Resume and references should be sent to Rolando Yanes, Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Director, at email@example.com.
See Milwaukee Ballet School Employment Opportunities »