Experienced Male and Female Dancers (2014-15 Season)
Milwaukee Ballet is accepting audition materials for the 2014-15 season.
Please send full resume and photograph with online link or DVD showing recent classical and contemporary work to email@example.com. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes. Please note materials submitted will not be returned.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend company class.
Qualified applicants may obtain more information by calling (414) 643-7677, options 7, 1. Auditions are by invitation only.
Milwaukee Ballet is an AGMA company offering contracts of up to 31 weeks with benefits.
Marketing Outreach Intern
The marketing outreach intern works with Milwaukee Ballet’s Marketing Associate and maintains ongoing communications projects, coordinates outreach efforts, provides ticketing and data entry assistance, and assists with events.
• Perform data entry projects
• Street outreach: distribution of flyers, posters; attend community events
• Assist with Ballet event set up and logistics
• Coordinate tickets/package/group promotions among, schools, clubs, retail, etc.
This is an unpaid internship that requires a candidate pursuing degree in advertising, public relations, communications, or similar field. Strong organization and writing skills are a must. Must be comfortable in a PC environment. Experience with arts, cultural and nonprofit groups desired. A vehicle and license are required.
In ONE ATTACHED DOCUMENT, send letter, resume, and two writing-samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milwaukee Ballet Summer Intensive Chaperones
Milwaukee Ballet seeks mature, responsible individuals with prior Resident Assistant, Camp Counselor, or teaching experience to supervise young dance students ages 11-17 for Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy summer intensive program. Dance experience not required. Chaperone, supervise, and plan activities for the students. Chaperones must be at least one year post high school at the start of the program. Chaperones cannot be students enrolled in the 2014 Milwaukee Ballet Summer Intensive Program. Download the application packet here.
Summer Program Residence Hall Manager
Dates of Employment: Friday, June 20-Saturday, August 2, 2014
Employer: Milwaukee Ballet
Location of Employment: Sandburg Halls at University of Wisconsin-
Milwaukee Ballet’s Six-Week Summer Intensive Program is an international program
for students ages 11-22 with a daily schedule that rivals a professional dance company
in the amount of hours spent in the studio along with the supervised independence of
campus living. The program provides each student the opportunity for tremendous
technical, artistic and personal growth.
Students attending the program are dedicated, driven, pre-professional students of
ballet who are selected during a 30-city international audition tour to study with artists
and faculty of Milwaukee Ballet. Approximately 80 of the 150+ students in the program
will reside at Sandburg Halls and require supervision and guidance from the Resident
Hall Manager and Chaperone Staff.
Residence Hall Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Milwaukee
Ballet’s Summer Program on-site at Sandburg Halls:
• Live on-site with chaperone staff and students
• Schedule and manage chaperone staff of 6-8 employees
• Ensure the health and well being of students
• Create a positive experience for students and staff
• Conduct at least weekly staff meetings with chaperone staff
• Ensure all Residence Hall policies of the Milwaukee Ballet and Sandburg Halls
• Resolve conflicts with students or staff in a professional manner
• Communicate between School office staff and Residence Halls (daily Monday-
Friday, weekends if needed)
• Take resident students to necessary doctor appointments and relay information
• Register Residence Hall students for and assist in coordination of field trips
• Maintain balanced petty cash fund for Residence Hall activities
• Oversee week day paper work exchange between school office staff and
• 4-year degree in education, social work, or other related field
• Experience as an educator, resident assistant, or other work with teens
• History of excellent communication skills with teens and their parents
• Leadership or management experience
• Able to enforce policy with consistency and fairness
• Positive, outgoing, friendly
• Clean driving record, insurance and a reliable car
• Pass extensive background check
• Dance experience not required
• Private apartment on Milwaukee Ballet floor at Sandburg Halls which includes full
kitchen, private bathroom, bedroom and office
• Full meal plan
• Parking at Sandburg Halls
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Travel reimbursement if traveling to Wisconsin from out of state for the position
• Cell phone for use during the program
• Weekly salary
Request an application packet by contacting Renee Griswold, Milwaukee Ballet
School & Academy General Manager via email.
Are you an accomplished, inspiring pianist who enjoys working with children?
If so, contact Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy.
Earn money for doing what you love!
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy is seeking musicians with high intermediate/advanced level piano skills who are prompt, responsible, and interested in collaborating with teachers and students to accompany classical ballet classes. Training provided. Benefits include free tickets to Milwaukee Ballet Company performances.
Immediate openings in Milwaukee, Fox Point and Brookfield.
Contact Dan Boudewyns at email@example.com for more information or to arrange an audition/interview.
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Part-Time Teachers
Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy seeks part-time instructors for a variety of levels.
Applicants must have prior teaching experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet for students ages 3-6 years
• Beginning classical ballet for students ages 7-10 years
• Intermediate classical ballet which includes experience teaching beginning pointe
Instructors must attend teacher training in Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy curriculum, participate in required staff meetings, attend Milwaukee Ballet performances (complementary ticket provided), instill proper classical ballet etiquette in the classroom, and teach to students at an age-appropriate level of fun and enjoyment.
Resume and references should be sent to Rolando Yanes, Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Milwaukee Ballet School Employment Opportunities »